I was putting the finishing touches on the mantle, my favorite thing to decorate for the holidays. There was a reindeer basket overflowing with fragrant potpurri and a string of frosted cranberries that ran along the length. Two silver snowflakes held knitted stockings and, from the arm of a snowman, hung a third stocking. They were empty — for now — a fact confirmed by a curious Miles.
"Yes. Of course we are," I said as I toyed with the cranberries.
I should admit that, for me, stocking stuffers are easy. I buy Mark copious amounts of Reese's trees and a sample size cologne. Miles gets a Tootsie Roll bank (family tradition) and an ornament. All it takes is one trip to Target.
For Mark, it means another round of presents — not that either of us mind, though maybe I shouldn't speak for him. I like to receive gifts, he likes to give them and all it really takes is a trip to my favorite running store. As I told him this year, he wouldn't even have to browse — he just had to talk to my favorite girls and they could do it for him.
But for those looking to get stocking stuffers for their favorite runners, here are my top picks.
Note: I don't want to see any eye rolling — below will be one of the raddest Healthy Strides giveaways ever.
So, so, so cute.
Remember that you can save 40 percent on marathon socks and sleeves with the code BLG14. And the trainers are such a good — deal $25 for two pairs, which means the recipient will be doubly as happy or you can keep one for yourself. I won't tell.
Nuun. Even though training might be winding down for a lot of people, Nuun is never out of season. I drink my favorite (non-caffeinated) flavors year-round, whether I'm running on the treadmill, teaching a class or just trying to keep myself hydrated. And, at the office, I'm drinking Nuun All-Day. It has zero sugar, less than 8 calories per tab, and an all-natural blend of 17 vitamins and minerals. It comes in 4 flavors: Grapefruit Orange, Tangerine Lime, Blueberry Pomegranate, and Grape Raspberry. A tube of Nuun — or four — will easily fit in a stocking.
Road ID. Safety — there's no better gift than that. A Road ID bracelet is a $20 insurance policy in the event that something happens when your runner is out on the road. Pick out a new style or give a gift card and you'll give yourself peace of mind.
Now ... for the details on the giveaway.
- There will be three winners.
- Winner No. 1 will receive a pair of Pro Compression marathon socks or sleeves and a $30 gift card to Road ID.
- Winner No. 2 will receive a mixed four-pack of Nuun All-Day and a $20 Road ID gift card.
- Winner No. 3 will receive a gift pack from NAAWK, including continuous spray sun screen, travel-size hand and body lotion, zinc stick and lip balm; and a $20 Road ID gift card.
- Winners will be selected by a random generator. The first name selected will receive the Pro Compression prize, the second name will receive the Nuun and the third will receive the Naawk.
- Pro Compression, Nuun and NAAWK are providing prizes for this giveaway, and the Road ID gifts were ordered by me with referral credits. I was not compensated for this post.