Wednesday, May 2, 2012

For goodness sake

My grandma says that you can decide to have a good day. She also says that you are the one who lets you have a bad day.

Obviously an old photo, based on hair length alone. I'm happy to report that neither of us have aged a day in the past two years :)

While I do consider her to be one of the smartest people I know, I have to disagree. You might be able to choose not to dwell on a situation but there are times when a day is just what it is supposed to be.

And today is supposed to be a good day. For many reasons. Or five.

1. Miles slept from 7 p.m. to 5:15 a.m., unheard of around here. And - this is a big and - he went down without a fight.

2. Mark and I actually woke up just before Miles because Mark got a text ... alerting him to a two-hour delay (because of fog).

3. A two-hour delay = a running partner.


I had 6 miles on my schedule, and I wanted to get them in this morning since it's going to be 82 degrees today. I thought Mark could watch Miles but instead he opted to join in the fun.

4. Mark decided to be a gentleman and offered to push the stroller for 75 percent of the run. My shoulders were very happy!

5. We got finished in enough time for me to not just shower in peace but take a bath ... and read part of "Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development; Or, Why It's Never Too Late for Her Dumb Ass to Learn Why Froot Loops Are Not for Dinner" by Jen Lancaster.


I know I've said it before but I'll say it again: I love Jen Lancaster. Her books are irreverent, smart and relateable. I may or may not have laughed out loud while reading the chapter about her mustache.

What's making you happy today?

P.S. This blog was brought to you by "Sesame Street Singing with the Stars" and my son's ridiculous love for all things Elmo. And yes, I'm that parent.

4 comments:

  1. Today is going to be a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start to your day! Yeay for Miles sleeping like a champ! Ella also slept like a champ which always makes for a happy start to the morning. Oh and I'm wearing a dress that makes me feel like I look super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youtube "I'm elmo and I know it" .... My son is obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome day! I wish my little one would sleep that long..hahaha. I am so jealous of your bath time.

    ReplyDelete