Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Early bird

Move that body: 3.18-mile run

I had finally accepted - and embraced - that I was now an anytime runner. Then something funny happened. Miles slept for seven hours. In a row. And since Mark had already offered to take the first shift (aka rocking "Party at 2 a.m." Miles back to sleep), I got to rest/sleep in bed till 6:20.

Hello, morning run! Denali, Miles and I were ready and out the door by 7: 15.


 I swear there's a baby under that blanket.

Good morning, Miles!

In case you noticed - yes, yes that's a pacifier in his mouth. A little thing I swore I would never give him. But a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. I can happily report, though, that he promptly spit it out and was all smiles once we got started. For about 15 minutes. And then he decided it was a good time to nap.

Sadly, I sort of felt like was napping, too. Despite good (enough) sleep, I felt tired and heavy. Or maybe I just felt slow. And slow I was, the worst pace since ditching the intervals two weeks ago. No matter the result, though, any run is a good run. Each mile makes us a better runner.

Plus, today's run comes with an added bonus: I can watch "The Biggest Loser" with a bowl of sorbet guilt free!


Anyone else excited about the new season? One of the contestants is from my area so I'm anxious to see how he does. I hope he isn't sent home the first week!


9 comments:

  1. I can't wait BL tonight! I think its going to bea good season. I heard that the contestants are divided based on age this season! Should be a good one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sleep! I remember those days.
    I am really excited about BL tonight! I am hoping I get to watch it in real time rather than dvr it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching it tomorrow on Hulu (no cable here), but I'm interested to see how Anna Kournikova is going to be as a judge. She doesn't seem like the type of person who could yell at the contestants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all love the Biggest Loser in my family and everyone's excited about the new season! That's an awesome sleep and yay for Miles sleeping for so long without waking up :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a sleeping baby!!! And for a run, even if it was slow... a slow run is better than no run any day!

    I'm excited for the Biggest Loser, but I won't get to watch it until tomorrow evening. I'm really not sure I'm going to like Anna K. as a trainer.. I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your comment that each mile makes us a better runner! I'm going to remember that : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The BL but I'm afraid I'm going to miss Jillian. Yay for sleep and any run. Enjoy the sorbet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMgoodness- Miles is getting sooo big - and totally just cuter everyday!!!!

    I didn't know you ditched the intervals - sorry, I missed that announcement. I'm sorry you felt slow this morning. Sometimes it happens (quite frequently to me). You'll still be awesome on Saturday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miles is absolutely adorable!

    I am excited to watch Biggest Loser this season, its great motivation for me to keep going on the track I am on.

    Love the sentiment that every mile makes us a better runner - definitely something I will file away to use when I am having a rough run!

    ReplyDelete