Monday, November 1, 2010

October recap

Pre-workout fuel: 1/3 banana and Cinnabon Cream of Wheat
Workout: 40 minutes Jackie Warner OnDemand selection, 10 minutes stretch and 2+ mile walk with Denali

Sweet November. I'm not sure whether to be excited or, umm, unexcited(?).

Reasons to be excited:
  • W.O.O.F.
  • Bison burgers after the W.O.O.F.
  • Seeing my grandma(!)
  • Thanksgiving
  • Bruegger's Bagels at the end of the 101st annual Thanksgiving Day Race
  • "Falling back" with Daylight Savings Time
  • First run in the snow
Reasons to be unexcited:
  • Two days of post-run hunger after the W.O.O.F.
  • Cooler temperatures
  • Renewing the registration on my car
  • Holiday deadlines at work
  • Being forced to wear gloves during runs

Before I get too ahead of myself, let's take a brief moment to look back at October. If you remember correctly, I challenged myself to strength train three times a week and not shy away from lunges, squats and all things legs. I also signed up for Tall Mom's 83 miles in October challenge.

How did I do?

Good, I'd say. I didn't notice the results I had hoped for (i.e. changes in measurements) but I did follow the "Biggest Loser" DVDs three times a week - even going back-to-back for some sessions (Wednesday and Thursday) when a MWF schedule posed a challenge. That's a big deal for me! I think I would have gotten more out of it had I used a DVD program geared toward someone who had a higher base of fitness.

As far as the miles ... we'll let them speak for themselves.

18
Total number of runs

2
Number of races registered for (both in November)

6.18
Average distance per run

13.26
Farthest distance ran

8:20
Pace for fastest run

9:01
Pace for slowest run

111.24
Total miles ran in October

5
Consecutive 100+ mile months

914.07
Total miles ran in 2010

1 comment:

  1. Don't get bummed by measurements. It takes time. A better assessment is how much more of the dvd you could do by the end than you could at the beginning??? You are an incredible runner. Great recap . . . forecast for November.

    ReplyDelete