Monday, November 1, 2010

October recap

Pre-workout fuel: 1/3 banana and Cinnabon Cream of Wheat
Workout: 40 minutes Jackie Warner OnDemand selection, 10 minutes stretch and 2+ mile walk with Denali

Sweet November. I'm not sure whether to be excited or, umm, unexcited(?).

Reasons to be excited:
  • W.O.O.F.
  • Bison burgers after the W.O.O.F.
  • Seeing my grandma(!)
  • Thanksgiving
  • Bruegger's Bagels at the end of the 101st annual Thanksgiving Day Race
  • "Falling back" with Daylight Savings Time
  • First run in the snow
Reasons to be unexcited:
  • Two days of post-run hunger after the W.O.O.F.
  • Cooler temperatures
  • Renewing the registration on my car
  • Holiday deadlines at work
  • Being forced to wear gloves during runs

Before I get too ahead of myself, let's take a brief moment to look back at October. If you remember correctly, I challenged myself to strength train three times a week and not shy away from lunges, squats and all things legs. I also signed up for Tall Mom's 83 miles in October challenge.

How did I do?

Good, I'd say. I didn't notice the results I had hoped for (i.e. changes in measurements) but I did follow the "Biggest Loser" DVDs three times a week - even going back-to-back for some sessions (Wednesday and Thursday) when a MWF schedule posed a challenge. That's a big deal for me! I think I would have gotten more out of it had I used a DVD program geared toward someone who had a higher base of fitness.

As far as the miles ... we'll let them speak for themselves.

Total number of runs

Number of races registered for (both in November)

Average distance per run

Farthest distance ran

Pace for fastest run

Pace for slowest run

Total miles ran in October

Consecutive 100+ mile months

Total miles ran in 2010

1 comment:

  1. Don't get bummed by measurements. It takes time. A better assessment is how much more of the dvd you could do by the end than you could at the beginning??? You are an incredible runner. Great recap . . . forecast for November.