Sunday, October 31, 2010

A tisket, a tasket, a basket full of groceries

Let's go Krogering ...


Fresh produce ... bananas, celery for Chicken and Basil Dumplings, apples and carrots for snacking, a bell pepper for egg white omelets and lettuce for Asian Lettuce Wraps. There might be some turnips in there for "fries" and cauliflower to roast, as well.


My Kroger was remodeled recently, adding sushi, an olive/Mediterranean bar and a milkshake machine. After all, everyone wants a milkshake while grocery shopping. F'real.


I saw these in the cereal aisle when I was looking for snack bars for Mark. Mean. Just mean.


Some chicken (for the Chicken and Basil Dumplings), turkey pepperoni (for Pizza Spaghetti), raisins and peanuts (snacks for tutoring) and generic yogurt fell into my cart.


And then I went to get Mark's food ... frozen pizza, frozen dinners and frozen breakfast. A couple bags of frozen broccoli - a staple in the Healthy Strides house - also joined the party.

All told, it was about $75 for the week - the lowest bill in MONTHS - for me to eat how I eat and Mark to eat how he eats.

What are your grocery essentials? Do you buy food for others in the household that you don't eat?

1 comment: