Tuesday, November 2, 2010

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... SMILE

Pre-workout fuel: Sliced banana on whole-wheat peanut butter toast
Workout: Ran 4.55 miles; average pace, 8:43.

I sometimes like to play games with myself at night.

It's OK to skip my run tomorrow because ...
I don't need to run tomorrow because ...
It's a taper week (of sorts) so ...

As you can guess, I had one of those nights last night. I was unhappy with the idea that I'd have to get up BY 5:30 a.m. to squeeze in some miles before my 8 am. dentist appointment. I could maybe sleep till 5:45 but that would require sub-par hygiene practices ... though I'd like to argue that it would be their fault for having no Saturday or evening hours.

Somewhere amid my struggle and deciding that yes, I did want popcorn, I realized that there are people who do this all the time. They get up at 5 a.m. so they can run before an 8 a.m. clock-in time. One morning wouldn't kill me.

So I ran. Out the door by 6:05, home before 7. Blogging and drinking coffee at 7:10. Shower at 7:15 ... one can only hope.

♦ ♦ ♦

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that maybe I didn't get the desired results from my October challenge because I chose the wrong DVDs. Guess what? I was right.

Jackie Warner's "Power Circuit" (found OnDemand), which I followed yesterday, left my quads, hamstrings, triceps, back and abs sore. Not "I can't sit down on the toilet" sore but "Damn. I can feel my legs as I walk to the bathroom at 2 a.m." sore. I'd complain but I kind of like it. And it gives me some reassurance that I made a good purchase in "Personal Training with Jackie: Xtreme Timesaver Training" (due to arrive Thursday).

1 comment:

  1. I love feeling sore from some workouts so I know it's doing something! Great job getting out for your run this morning. Sometimes it can be really tough, especially when it gets cold, so you should be extra proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete