Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fast track

Pre-workout fuel: Quaker True Delights Hazelnut Latte Oatmeal and a banana
Workout: Ran 5.52 miles in 46 minutes, 34 seconds; average pace, 8:25.

It's been a long time since I ran this fast. About a month if you want to get specific. And, dang, it felt GOOD.

I'll tell you one thing, though: I didn't intend to go fast. I think I was just cold. I figured the faster I ran, the more quickly I would warm up and (more importantly) the sooner I'd be back in my heated home. My first mile was 8:46 and the others were in the 8:20-8:28 range. If you want to count that last .52, the pace range changes to 7:50-8:28.

Booyah!

I'll even go out on a limb and say that I could have gone farther had I actually been able to see the greenway ... but coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Note to self: Buy headlamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment