Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Weekly Training Update {4/25-5/1}

We're getting there folks.

After nearly two weeks of lackluster runs after the Carmel half marathon, I got in some decent miles over the weekend that reminded me that recovery does not translate to lost fitness. If anything, it's letting the gains take up residence.

 photo 13139009_10208791121552470_7096176554877512477_n_zpss3mbfvrw.jpg

{Highlight} Running on the Chicago lakefront. There's something about being in a different city, being next to the water that just makes my heart happy. My girlfriends and I spent the weekend in the Windy city and when I was making up our itinerary, I made sure to plan some runs. On Saturday, we did a 5K near Soldier Field (not much to report – dreary, overcrowded and a race that's more about the cause than logistics). On Sunday, I went out by myself, running from our hotel to Navy Pier and back.

{Lowlight} Trying to push the pace too quickly after the half and when it didn't go so stellar, letting the races affect my confidence.

{On the humorous side} GPS maps from big city runs are always a joke – for me at least – as the tall buildings seem to affect satellite reception and thus data. My Garmin seemed to get it all right in the end but when the data was sent to Strava, my run went from 5 miles to 5.6 and it said I had a 6:48 last mile. I have never ran a sub-7 mile, and I doubt I would do it at the end of an easy run. Of course, maybe I woke up Kenyan and didn't get the memo.

 photo 20160501_073402_zpsk0uewlky.jpg

The week, in training:


Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Saturday: Chicago Police Memorial 5K
Sunday: 5 miles

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, I wish we could have seen each other. So glad you had a fun girls trip!

    ReplyDelete