Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekend, in photos

 photo 20141220_063215_zpscdiyux4o.jpg

As I transition to a new stage of running, I've decided to go from PR chaser to volunteer extraordinaire.

 photo 20141220_082200_zpslrb0ehnf.jpg

And thus I found myself at Chain O' Lakes State Park early and dark to help out at check-in for the HUFF 50K. I passed out packets for 50K runners with last names beginning with K. It was pretty rad ... and hectic. Ultra/trail runners seemed to be a bit more laid back and many seemed to get there with less than 20 minutes to spare. It seems so crazy compared to running marathons, where you hop in a corral an hour early after a half-hour of pottying.

 photo IMG_20141220_103952_zpshimvn9kw.jpg

I was so tired when I got home that I skipped my run and took a nap. I then watched an episode of "Cutthroat Kitchen" while I drank too much half-caff and tried to become alert. And, yes, I actually just gave in and brought the pot to the living room so I could stop getting up.

 photo a2e95307-f94e-41ab-b3ec-82e0fa7c65f8_zpsb7ae04ad.jpg

One last outing to pick up Christmas gifts. Miles and I took advantage of a pop-up boutique of local goods to buy something for Nana. It's getting a smidge harder to carry him, which I prefer to do in parking lots, so I sucked up my pride and took advantage of the preggo parking spots. Out of guilt or necessity, I ran when I got home.

 photo IMG_20141220_201205_zps7m7mu9iz.jpg

Snacking took an interesting turn Saturday night. I didn't want anything sweet so I sliced up some Cabot Creamery cheddar (that I won on a giveaway) and enjoyed it with olives, pickles and cream soda zevia. As  Kathleen said on Instagram, if you didn't know I was pregnant, you do now.

 photo 20141220_182406_zpsqudicfei.jpg

Cookies for "Santa" — Nutella with M&Ms. It could be the smartest or worst thing I've ever done.

 photo 20141221_151542_zpszoy6hcot.jpg

Sunday was spent at a holiday brass band concert. One of the musicians is a friend of Mark's so we went to support him and then had dinner. It was a bit outside our normal activities but a lot of fun. It could be a holiday tradition!

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the brass band concert. I played in the band in school and I kinda hope one of my kids picks up an instrument so I can go to recitals! I have never volunteered for a race (I probably shouldn't admit that). It's bad enough getting up that early to run let alone to volunteer. However, at the same time I REALLY want to. It is something I will make time for in 2015. My kids are getting older and so it wouldn't be as big of a deal to ditch out on them one morning (i.e. leave them with hubs). My weekend was full of busy madness. But today is the ONLY day I'm working this week so relaxation is headed my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you know how sometimes you share amazing recipes? Would you please consider sharing the cookie recipe? You had me at nutella......

    ReplyDelete