Wednesday, September 12, 2012
10 things I hate about you, Wednesday
1. My alarm went off 4:55. Sure it was planned, the idea being that I would get up early, squeeze in a 6-mile hill run solo and get home before Mark went to school. But 4:55 is still pretty figgin' early.
2. Miles woke up at 5:10 as I made my last "just in case" visit to the bathroom. I made two unsuccessful attempts at putting him back down and called it a morning at 5:20 a.m.
3. As I drank not one but two cups of coffee from my new Keurig Vue, I bemoaned the fact that after 14 months, I'm still more than willing to play the martyr. If I had any sense, I still would have gone on my solo run and left Miles with Mark. Instead, I let Mark sleep as I entertained the little man.
4. While I entertained the idea of running after Miles' bed time, I acknowledged that didn't work out so well last week and should do a modified hill run at the very least. The run would be my seventh straight with the BOB, my last free outing being the Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon.
5. I lost any coolness that might have ever existed in my fibers by listening to Elmo radio on Pandora. However, I must thank Running Chronicles for the genius idea because Miles did not fuss one bit during our run.
6. Hills suck. They suck even more when you are pushing a stroller. And if they could get worse, a decidedly lethargic dog will make it so.
7. I really wanted an omelet with egg whites and Laughing Cow Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread but it violates my no-dairy rule. And then I was going to make Banana-Pineapple Pancakes, subbing coconut milk for almond milk, only to discover we were out of bananas.
8. The vending machine Diet Coke that cost me 75 cents was barely cold to the touch.
9. I'm not one to post things like this, very TMI things like this, but for the second time in two weeks I'm taking my purse to the bathroom ... if you get my drift. Despite being on medication to avoid these sorts of things.
10. I'm trying out a BodyMedia FIT for this here blog, and you would think I still had flashing red lights strapped to me the way people are talking to me. Unless you are bringing me a cold Diet Coke, a hot cup of coffee (yes, that would make three) or the doughnut I've been craving all week, you don't need to talk to me.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend what will likely be 20 minutes on hold so I can get Miles' shot records for day care. Too bad there wasn't a sequel called "11 Things I Hate About You" instead of that dumb TV show.