Sunday, July 17, 2011

Out and about

Someone went for his first walk this weekend …

P1000970

It was quite epic – 0.75 mile or so. Miles is so hard core already :)

Basically, the walk was an exercise in common sense. We went as far as we could before I started to “feel” my incision and then turned around. I wasn’t in pain when I went home but I wasn’t necessarily comfortable. I can walk (no running, the doc said specifically) as long as I use my head.

Miles is a bit fussy and has a penchant for cluster feeding, combine that with a days-long 95+ forecast, so I’m not sure how much I’ll get out this week. But I’ll take that one walk … for now.

7 comments:

  1. girl - you guys be careful. It's CRAZY HOT out there. Congrats on getting out - I'm sure you were getting what my mom used to call "house-a-toe-sis"!!! Way to go Miles! You should start a baby Daily Mile for him :) HA! You look awesome girl - take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I've been so out of the loop and missed the fact that Miles was born. CONGRATS!! I had to go back and look at the pics...he is adorable. So very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for getting out of the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome first walk!!!! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Your prebirth fitness level probably plays a huge part in your mobility now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what you're talking about. You want so badly to get out of the house, but then you all of a sudden start to feel your incision and its time to go home. So uncomfortable! Way to be pro-active though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's awesome!!! :0) Great job! Yay for his first walk!

    ReplyDelete