Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday love: Pop up edition

Workout: 45 minutes (or half) of P90X yoga

Holy heck, Natalie Portman has popped!

natalie portman sag 1AE15115

And I have, a little bit more … I guess.

16 weeks17 weeks 

I’m 16 weeks on the left and 17 weeks on the right. I took the most recent one at work - ignore the ugly bathroom – right after lunch so I have a real baby and a food baby!

My belly is definitely much smaller in the morning and I seem to get more pregnant as the day goes by. Heck, I didn’t even really notice that much this morning when I was doing 501 chaturangas with the P90X yoga. I had wanted to do Jackie Warner this morning but seeing as this was the first morning since Tuesday that I could sit on the toilet without plopping, I thought I’d wait a day.

As far as forgoing both and going for a run, it was 3 degrees at 7:30 a.m. I’m getting a weekly pass to the college next week because one week of not running is about all I can handle.

But let’s not worry about that right now. It’s time for Friday love!

Food. I am about to make myself sound like a giant nerd but I’m not a big fan of sushi. Well, I’m not a big fan of the idea of eating raw fish. I am, however, a fan of California rolls – the wimp version of sushi. And for lunch next week, I’m going to make myself California roll-inspired wraps. I use this recipe as a base but swap out imitation crab for the lump crab meat – partly for economical reasons and, partly, because I’m weird and like the flavor. These usually make it in my lunch every two months, and I love them!

Fitness. It hasn’t been a great week for exercise. You know, the blizzard and all. It actually shut down many of the fitness centers so even if I had a membership, it would have done me no good. Thank goodness for shoveling! I actually don’t mind shoveling snow (as long as my hands are warm), and it’s great exercise. You burn upwards of 400 calories an hour and I swear I feel Wednesday’s effort in my abs.

Life. I’m not gonna lie – there’s been some disappointment this week. My grandma and fave uncle were going to come visit tomorrow. We were going to hang out, eat at the Irish pub and I was going to make rice pudding. But life comes at you, throws things in your way, and my uncle is no longer able to make the trip. I’m a big girl and understand but it still sucks. I haven’t seen them since Thanksgiving! However, we dp have a big Sunday to keep me occupied: yoga, more houses and Super Bowl with my in-laws, including my seester (OK, Mark’s sister) who will be in from Boulder. And … and I’m making Chubby Hubby Cupcakes for the celebration.

What are you doing this weekend that has you excited?


  1. Ahhh, you look too cute!!

    BTW, did you say rice pudding? I may be a little bit obsessed with rice pudding so I say, there's no need to change that particular plan :)

    Have a great weekend :)

  2. I'm spending time with parents, brother and sister-in-law, and 4 year old nephew, plus judging at a speech/forensics meet at my old high school.

  3. Agreed - you do look cute!!!!! I'm sorry about your uncle and grandma not being able to come. I could "hear" the disappointment. Maybe you can go visit them sometime soon. Happy house hunting. I love me some Friday!!!!

  4. Just had to tell you that I finally clicked on the chubby hubby cupcake link - OMG!!!!!!!! Seriously, those look beyond amazing!!!! Wowzers. So . . .while I was on the Pink Parsley blog, I clicked around on a few dozen other posts - wow, it all looks amazing!!!! Is that a blog you read frequently?

  5. Sorry for the 3rd comment, but I HAD TO TELL YOU that the buffalo chicken tacos are LIFE CHANGING!!! OMG they are soooooo delicious!!!!!!!! Seriously, I can eat healthy and have delicious flavor too. Girl -thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!!! YUM!!!!