Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday love

Pre-workout fuel breakfast: Banana oats with ground flax, Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and, err, marshmallows
Workout: 2-ish mile walk with Denali

Hello, taper. It's nice to see you again.

I kept it light this morning ahead of tomorrow's race - just a casual jaunt with Denali. I might have skipped a walk but he can get a little sassy if he doesn't get some exercise in the morning. And there's just no need for that.

It was a bit brisk - we even have a chance of SNOW today - but I'm not going to worry about that. No way. Friday is all about the love.

So let's show it!

Food. I am sure the healthy living bloggers would scoff and roll their eyes but I might have the best ever pumpkin recipe. Sure, it has artificial sweeteners and processed ingredients but when push comes to heading to the diner for a slice of pie, Pumpkin Fluff will win.

What you'll need:
  • 1 small box sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding (Try vanilla, butterscotch or cheesecake. Heck, banana might even work)
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin spice
  • 1 cup light Cool Whip
Using a mixer, beat together milk and pudding until it starts to get thick. Add pumpkin and pumpkin spice; beat until combined. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate.

This stuff tastes like pumpkin pie filling except it's totally guilt free. Try it with some crushed graham cracker for more of a pie flavor.

Fitness. Tiffany jewelry, diamond earrings, sweaters from Banana Republic - those items filled my Christmas list last year. This year? Running skirts, long-sleeve running tops, sweats. Heck, I almost considered asking for more sports bras. I tried to avoid asking for running stuff, thinking I had to ask for more "fun" stuff. Then I realized something: The running stuff is the fun stuff. Seriously. What's not fun about an argyle running skirt from RunningSkirts.com.

Life. I have been a lucky girl. I've won Lucy gear from Fit Bottomed Girls. Tons of Gu. A CSN gift card from Rust Belt Runner. Yesterday, though, I won a sweepstakes of sorts. I won a T-shirt dress from American Apparel. I had filled out a million and one giveaways at Lucky Magazine, and I actually got something. I am not sure it's the first thing I'd pick but free clothes are free clothes!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! What are you doing exciting?

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to giving Friday some love! Your fluff sounds amazing. Could it get poured into a fat free graham cracker pie crust??? Just wondered. Sounds yummy! Good luck tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be a little too "soft" to put into a pie crust but you might be able to if you cut the milk to 1/2 cup. See you, well, today!

    ReplyDelete