Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fancy foot work

Pre-workout fuel: Cinnamon raisin English muffin with peanut butter
Workout: Ran 7.15 miles in 1 hour, 1 minute and 21 seconds; average pace, 8:35.

It might be just 9 a.m. but I am going to go ahead and call this day a success.

I got in a good run. I shaved my legs. I started a load of laundry. I even limited myself to two cups of coffee.

But, oh, those wonderful things aren't why the day is really a success.

Wait for it.


Wait for it.


Wait for it.


Two of my three missing socks have turned up! I now have four complete, matching pairs of running socks - one for each day that I run during the week. No more doing laundry all the time or being lazy and wearing stinky socks cotton socks.

Where were they, you ask? One was discovered by Mark when he pulled out his weekend bag to pack for Louisville. The other I found on top of the clean laundry in the basket, just days after I rejoiced in the finding of sock No. 1 and mentioning to Mark that I was still missing another sock. Quite curious, if I do say so my self.

Of course, I could blame Denali. He definitely seems like the kind of dog that enjoys wearing women's socks when no one is around.

1 comment: