Thursday, September 16, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Pre-workout fuel breakfast: Bowl of Kashi Island Vanilla with 1 cup milk and sliced banana
Workout: Walk with Denali and 20 minutes upper body with weights

1. Just because a big bowl of cereal sounds good before you start your planned session with Jillian Michaels/OnDemand doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's not. Your tummy is full, and the thought of working out is nauseating.

2. I was watching "The Doctors" this morning as I got ready for work - straightening my hair, drinking coffee, flossing my teeth. The show kind of irks me because I don't think it's really possible to give sound health advice to the masses. It's all quippy crap that you read in magazines like Prevention. It's not that the information is wrong. I guess it's just not new. Anyway, they were talking about 24 ways to improve your health in 24 hours. It's not all eat right, exercise more either. It's sleep this way -- not that way. Don't walk and text or you'll fall in a manhole. If you have to pee, pee. In the toilet, that is. Anyways, it got me thinking that there's more to take care of me than eating right and exercising. Like I need to get back on the teeth flossing bandwagon.

3. After lunch this morning, I stopped at Higher Grounds for a decaf coffee. For some reason, I felt inclined to order a blueberry scone. It can't be that bad ... or can it. Yeah, my little splurge is 400+ calories and still sitting on my desk. I haven't decided whether to eat it or take it home to Mark. So sad, little scone. You're so cute and tasty-looking.

1 comment: