Friday, September 17, 2010

By the numbers

Pre-workout fuel: Whole-wheat toast with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and sliced banana
Workout: Ran 5.02 miles in 45 minutes, 34 seconds; average pace, 9:04.

My bib number for Fort-4-Fitness. I got the info on the confirmation card that I received in the mail yesterday. I can't decide whether it's a good thing that my birth year is in there but it's there. The big ole "81."

The high temperature for next Saturday, the big day. Yep. I can now stalk the weather for the half-marathon. I'm telling you now - if Friday's rain forecast moves to Saturday, I'm whooping some butt.

Saturday's low temperature. Short sleeves or long sleeves? Decisions, decisions.

The number of calories in the bag of Raisinets that I ate yesterday instead of that scone. I figured 190 calories worth of my favorite candy (now in the dern vending machine at work - BASTARDS) is far better than the 400+ scone. Don't feel bad for the blueberry confection; I gave it to Mark.

The number of times this month that my average pace has been slower than 9:00 min/mile - including today's run. You wanna know what ... it felt mighty nice to run some slow miles in the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love things broken down that way.
    Long sleeve short sleeves is a real dilemma for me too (I'm likely to go with short but considering buying a cheap light long sleeve t-shirt from goodwill (or similar place) especially for the start - standing around at the start could be quite crisp. There's no one hoping for a rain free race more than I. Hard to believe that the race is just 7 days away - YIKES!