Friday, June 25, 2010

Out on a limb

Pre-workout fuel: One slice wheat toast with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and cinnamon roast coffee
Workout: 4.44-mile run in 41 minutes, 20 seconds; average pace, 9:19.

A tree hit me. It did - right in the face. I was just running down the street ... and BAM! The branch whipped across my nose and cheek. No, no. I didn't try to run "through" the tree limb, thinking it was just leaves hanging across my path. Not. At. All. Thankfully, I escaped injury and there are no visible marks on my face. Just the blemishes that have decided to pop up as if I'm 15.

OK, back to the run ...

Let me just say that the weather was fantastic. The humidity finally didn't feel so heavy, and it almost felt cool outside. If every summer morning was like this, I might not long for winter.

We set out to do a SLOW 4 miles after a restless night for Mark and me. We were out to exercise and nothing more. The first mile (9:36) was almost a struggle as I tried to find my legs and wake up. Mile 2 (9:41) was more of the same. As we got to the half-way point on the route, Mark and I just wanted to be done. The only way to be done was to go faster. Mile 3 clocked in at 9:20 and Mile 4 at 9:06. That last 0.44 was ran at an 8:14 pace!

Of course, by the time it was all over, I was feeling good. Ready for a little more. Not another 4.44 miles more but more.

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment