Saturday, June 26, 2010

In a twist

Chocolate, sweet chocolate.


Could you think of a better way to start your day? OK, maybe you can but this morning the chocolate was speaking to me.

"Eat me. EAT ME!" it said.

What choice did I have? I went with a PB&J made with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and raspberry spread as well as a smoothie made with chocolate smoothie mix, strawberry yogurt and 1 cup of Almond Breeze. The smoothie wad delish, as usual, but the PB&J wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I munched on both during my WW meeting, where we went over portion sizes and how to keep things in control. A lesson that obviously didn't sink in ... but we'll get to that later.

After the meeting, I had to make a couple stops at the grocery and Target. I was powered through the running around by one of these ...

A non-fat latte. Yum!

I puttered around the house, doing dishes and watching the Scrabble documentary "Word Wars" (yes, I'm a nerd) until it was time for lunch. I had picked up some avocados and tomatoes at the store so I knew a veggie sandwich was in store for me.


In addition to the tomatoes and avocado, I put on sliced zucchini, red onions, red bell pepper, alfalfa sprouts and some havarti cheese on the Pepperidge Farms Deli Flat. I put it on the grill pan with some extra zucchini. I finished off the Alexia sweet potato fries, too. I loved the havarti cheese on the sandwich - it totally made it.

After lunch, I managed to get in a HOT walk with Denali before heading to the mall. I brought along some almonds to snack on as I looked for a new pair of khaki pants. Instead, I found myself standing in line at the Auntie Anne's booth. They had given out samples of their almond pretzel, and I couldn't not get one. AH-mazing. And I ate the entire 390-calorie monstrosity. Every. Last. Bite. Thank goodness there's no photo to provide proof of such an indulgence.

Dinner had to be light after that as no amount of shopping burns off that guilt. I went with a bowl of vegetable-barley soup, cut vegetables, roasted red pepper hummus and a wheat pita.

Surprisingly satisying and the veggies are good to snack on as I watch "This Is It." Don't judge - I have to rest up for tomorrow's 8-miler ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment