Friday, June 18, 2010

Eggs-elent choice

The chicken was thawed, and I was all ready to make the Bruschetta Chicken that I had planned for the evening. But Mark was going to the baseball game, and I would be cooking for just me. Yes, I could make the dish for me but the more I thought about it, the less effort I wanted to put into dinner.

I ran through my options: frozen meal, picking up Panera, another hot dog, egg sandwich ... eggs ... eggs and hash browns.

My mind began to spin around the idea of eating actual eggs and not just egg whites. An over-medium egg sounded fantastic. I also knew that I had potatoes, green peppers and onions - all of which would make a terrific hash.

It was an amazing breakfast for dinner. The hash had a ton of flavor, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. The sprinkling of cheese didn't hurt, either. I put two over-medium eggs right on top, added more pepper and had a wheat English muffin on the side.

I felt so spoiled eating the eggs that it made me forget about my crock of a lunch and enjoy a relaxing night on the couch, just me and the pup.

Do you cook differently when your significant other isn't home?

No comments:

Post a Comment