Monday, June 14, 2010

Down with the dog

I was not really excited when the alarm went off at 6:15 a.m. In fact, I wasn't even happy. More like tempted to shut it off and go back to bed. I could feel the soreness in my legs, though, and I knew that I needed to get up and do some yoga as planned.

I rolled out of bed, threw on some leggings and warmed up some day-old coffee. I cued up the DVD - "Joy of Yoga" - and rolled out the mat. "Joy of Yoga" is a pretty basic practice but I like the flow and all its downward dogs to stretch out my legs. I tried to keep Denali in the bedroom so I could do the practice without a wet tongue on my arm but he whined, and my husband let him out to join me.

(This was before I threw his head up and smacked me in the chin. One of these days, I will lose a tooth.)

After the half-hour routine, I did a baby weight workout. Well, baby in terms of length but not weight itself. I pulled out the 10-pounders for this one. I could definitely tell that I failed to lift one pound all of last week. I'm definitely going to change that this week.

A breakfast of Van's light waffles and half a banana - all sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled with honey - followed.

Now it's time to get in a couple miles (walking) with Denali and then it's off to work. A pretty good start to the day, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment