Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baked with love

I have to ask: Is there anything more attractive than a guy who can cook?


Now, Mark can't cook per se but last night he volunteered to follow Martha Stewart's recipe for Baked Risotto, which I had planned for dinner. He also baked the chicken as well. And you know what? It tasted phenomenal. The best part, though, was that it was waiting for me when I got home from work. Mark had his with sliced tomatoes; I chose steamed asparagus.

After dinner, it was time to think about dessert. Of course. I had a couple options: Skinny Cow sandwich, root beer float with diet root beer and fat-free ice cream or a sundae with the ice cream.

I chose to go with a sundae, slicing some strawberries and adding a drizzle of chocolate. Chocolate-covered strawberry sundae. Yum!


I do have to say that I miss full-flavor (full-fat) chocolate sauce. The light just tastes so, well, artificial. I think a better option would be to just get some dark chocolate and shave it over the ice cream.

I also munched on popcorn last night as we watched "House Hunters." Pick No. 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment