Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weekly Training Update: 3/24-3/30

The home stretch of Athens Half Marathon training is so close I can almost taste it. Almost because I haven't researched my post-race meal options.

But that's another story for another day.

This week's workouts were far less intimidating and a lot more manageable. Even with a bad race trying to test my resolve and self efficacy, I know I'm getting stronger and have put in the work. 

WEEK'S WINNER: All of my runs were outside! I think the weather is finally turning, making the great outdoors less daunting. My Tuesday run was on the cold side but having scheduled a run date, I wasn't tempted to punk out.

WEEK'S LOSER: Can I say the weather? I was still in tights for two of four runs, and the wind this week was quite ferocious. Beyond that, I would have liked to log some miles on the bike but a race on Saturday + traveling on Sunday threw a wrench in my typical routine.

HONORABLE MENTION: I took two rest days last week. I cannot tell you the last time I did that but wow. What a change of pace! Since my long run was Saturday's 20K, Mark and I took off for Indianapolis. By. Ourselves. We went to REI (a first for me), bought some cycling gloves and had an awesome brunch. I need more brunch in my life.

 photo 2A9B8288-AF9F-4853-9CA4-67A7C26A1F63_zpsvmmzp4li.jpg

Monday, March 17
REST

Tuesday, March 11
RUN | 4.23 miles
I had the awesome chance to meet reader/twitter friend/now working in Indiana T for an early morning run. It's always fun to meet someone new. Sort of like a first date. Thankfully, the conversation flowed and the miles flew by.

Wednesday, March 12
RUN | 4.5 miles

I was judging a cooking competition at the health fair of one of the universities and took advantage, running a new-to-me loop. The last 1.5 miles were on gravel, which was interesting. I didn't mind it for a half-mile but I was over it by a mile. The plan called for strides at the end but I wasn't trying it on gravel. Thankfully, I had a pretty strong pace so I felt fine.

CROSS TRAINING | Bodypump

Thursday, March 13
CROSS TRAINING | Ripped


Friday, March 14
RUN | 6 miles, negative split
The workout was to run the last three miles faster than the first three but with some hyper awareness to pace, I negative split each mile. It was a windy day, and I hoped to give myself an advantage by running into the wind at the start but apparently every way was into the wind.

Saturday, March 15
CROSS TRAINING | Bodypump

RUN | Nutri-Run 20K
I'm done whining. Read the recap here.

Sunday, March 16
REST | Travel to Indianapolis

3 comments:

  1. How fun that you got to go on a running first date and go out of town with Mark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to schedule another date soon. :) Hopefully we can log some more miles, especially once the weather improves.

    ReplyDelete