Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekly training update: 12/9-12/15

Recently, there's been an ongoing conversation in my head.

Kim, you need to be running 20 miles a week. Kim, you need to start hitting 5 or 6 miles when you go out for a run. Kim, you need to suck it up and run outside. Kim, you need to run four times a week. Kim, you need to ... you need to ... you need to.

But here's the thing: I don't need to do anything. I know this, deep down I do. I'm not training for anything -- not yet, at least :). I'm not hoping to PR a race. I'm not looking to become Shalane's next training partner. The only thing I need to do is stay active. 

And have fun. I need to have fun. Like, lots of it.

So that's what I'm trying to do to quiet that annoying voice inside my head. I'm riding on my bike while I watch TV. I'm switching up my playlists for the treadmill and letting the day dictate the workout. I'm even having some fun programming my own routines - like the Lucky 7.

A mix of cardio, core and plyometrics, this workout kicked my butt in every way imaginable. I had set out to do seven rounds, to build off the name, but I was grateful that I could only do four without being late for work.



The week, in training:

Monday: 45 minutes on the trainer
Tuesday: 5 miles on the treadmill, intervals
Wednesday: Lucky 7 workout + Bodypump
Thursday: 5-mile progression run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Bodypump + 40 minutes on the trainer
Sunday: BRICK - 30 minutes on trainer + 30 minutes on treadmill

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to be more laid back in my workouts lately too. My husband is training for another marathon so he's doing long runs and its SO weird not to be going out for all those miles at the same time he is! Keeping having FUN with your training while you can!!

    ReplyDelete