Friday, May 25, 2012

This post is brought to you by the letter "L"

I try to be a nice friend.

I will text you on your birthday. I will think about making you cupcakes when you're having a bad day. I will have a Starbucks blended beverage in your honor. And, when you tag me in a blog post, I will do as you say and then change it to fit my needs.

See, I'm super nice!

L, who is still on the DL after a fall, tagged me in a random things post. The lucky number for y'all is 11. And who doesn't want to know 11 things about me?

Wait. You do. You probably know more about me than I do and, if you are even remotely Google proficient, you can find out more and then read the lackluster summer fiction series that I wrote for work last year.

Speaking of work ... instead of 11 things about me, I'm going to share 11 things that are on my work desk.

1. An alien mug that I picked up at the Martian Invasion of Races expo. I almost never buy any race memorabilia at an expo but I had to have it. Mostly because it says "Obey Me." Word.

2. A four-cup coffee maker. I asked for one for Christmas when I was on decaf/breast feeding. I still use it on occasion, mostly when I've hit my caffeine limit but still want to imbibe my second most favorite beverage. (Diet Coke is still No. 1)

3. "Train Like A Mother." Yep, the perks of working at a newspaper. We're not allowed to keep items that are sent to us from PR peeps but I wanted to page through it before I put it in the charity sale pile. I tell you ladies, I like what I see.

4. A landline telephone. Yes, they do exist.

5. Five tomato plants. Yes, tomato plants. A co-worker started a bunch from seed and was basically handing them out as door prizes this week. I greedily took five since I plan to expand my garden ... this weekend.

6. A calendar. I rarely write anything on it - mostly birthdays and vacations. Speaking of vacations, June will be busy. There's a weekend trip to Cincinnati and another to the Rocky Mountain state. I hear it's home to my very first niece!

7. A Living section cover featuring Miles. Another thing about working at a newspaper - you (and your child and your dog) will be called on to model at least once. I have been in the paper blowing a kiss (like the Hershey kind), wearing frumpy mom clothes and modeling a crocheted bag.

8. A summer events guide. It's full of fun things to do in the area - all the good festivals, shows and concerts. All the good stuff that I probably won't go to. I always have good intentions until ... sorry, life just happened.

9. A stapler. Sadly, it's not of the red Swingline variety.

10. Recipes that I printed off from Self Magazine's Drop 10 challenge. I've been feeling in a rut with my eating/weight, and I wanted something to give me a bit of structure and variety. I'm not following the plan to the "T" (I'm making my own dinners) but using it as a guideline for lunches and snacks, which are the times I struggle the most.

11. A picture of my grandma and me at my high school graduation. It's not a particularly great photo - she looks like she was protesting and I was pretty heavy at the time. But, it's my grandma and any photo of her is awesome.

The end ... except not. I am also supposed to answer a few questions. Dang it, L is so demanding.

1.  What time of the day are you at your best (morning, afternoon, evening, night)? Diet Coke time

2.  What time of the day do you prefer to run? MORNING

3.  What is your favorite distance to run? To race? I like to run 8 or 10 miles. I feel accomplished after that kind of distance but not spend. To race?  Half marathons.

4.   What is your favorite big box store to shop at (Meijer, Wal Mart, Target, other)? Target, hands down

5.   What is one physical activity you wish you could try? Cross Fit

6.  What is the one place you want to visit? San Francisco

7.  Describe your ideal place? Quiet

8.  What is something you are most proud of? Managing to keep Miles alive for 10+ months.

9.  What is your favorite meal? Breakfast

10.  What is your favorite meal preparation technique (take out, grilling, slow cooker, oven, nuke it, other)? Baking. I know it's not good for me but I love the satisfaction that comes with treating others.

11.  What question would you ask if you tagged others with this? (clever, I know). Why do you love me so?

OK. Now, I'm done. I am. I refuse to do more - no coming up with 11 questions or tagging people. Mostly because I want a Diet Coke and because this week has zapped any ability I have to think for myself.

Excuse me, now. That Diet Coke is waiting.

5 comments:

  1. you seriously crack me up! I loved your answer to #8 ;) i totally feel that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! You're such a good sport. Thanks for playing along. Your answers cracked me up!!!

    McDiet - oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're coming Colorado...awesome! Where are you visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 or 10 miles is my favorite distance too. Any more than that and I'm on the couch for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! You had me cracking up through most of this! LOL Love Diet coke time! :0)

    ReplyDelete