Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIAW: A brief return

I felt like I had finally made my peace with the scale. After nearly eight months of trying to get my pre-baby body back, I resigned myself to the idea that maybe, just maybe, my post-baby happy weight would be more like 129-130 than the 125 I wanted it to be and definitely not the 122 I saw on the scale just shortly before the big news.

Then something happened. I lost two pounds. To say I was excited would be an understatement. I was filled with new energy and new hope that the number 125 would be in my future. My resolve to eat well was renewed, and I recorded my first 20-mile week.

But just as the excitement set in, something happened. This time, not so good. I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and I was up 3 pounds. I know there is no way I gained 3 pounds and it's likely a fluke but it didn't do much for my mood, which was already dampened because my run got rained out.

In an effort to not let the scale (or Fat Tuesday) set me back, I thought I would bring back What I Ate Wednesday just for fun. 

Breakfast

P1010664

Grits with cheese and dippy egg

Unpictured: Pre-breakfast snack of Fiber One 90-cal bar

Mid-morning snack

P1010665

Fat-free hot chocolate spiked with instant coffee

Lunch

P1010666

"Sushi" salad - Bibb lettuce topped with diced cucumbers, matchstick carrots, cubed avocado, faux crab and a brown rice mixture made with brown rice (duh!), 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon wasabi and a couple drops of Sriracha.

Afternoon snacks

 P1010667 P1010668 P1010669 P1010670

Apple, Chips Ahoy 100-calorie pack, 1 ounce cashews and Weight Watchers smoked mozzarella string cheese

Dinner

P1010671

The Deen Brothers Lighter Slow Cooked Stuffed Pepper (On a side note, this recipe was good but not great. I loved the ease of preparation and nutritional stats but it was definitely lacking in flavor. I would add more salt or even better, season salt, black pepper and maybe some Italian herbs.)

Unpictured: Post-run fat-free fudge pop

How did you fare on Fat Tuesday? I would like to note that I passed up King Cake, brownies, pasta leftover from a luncheon in another department and french bread. Go me!

5 comments:

  1. You have such self control! I had: oatmeal, western grilled chicken salad with "house" dressing, 3 girl scout cookies, a scotcharoo, shells and cheese w/ ham cubes. no night time snack and ran 4.5 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks awesome! I'm totally going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks delicious, I love crab :)! I am not looking forward to the post baby battle with the scale. I did well on Fat Tuesday..salad for lunch and turkey for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fat Tuesday was indeed Fat Tuesday for me. haha. Yesterday was much better even though I too saw a bigger number on the scale which made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some of your self control and will power .. My dinner was bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls haha.

    ReplyDelete