2. I would like to say that I have no particular goals for this race as I haven't done a 5K in a year and a half but that would be a lie. And, according to my grandma, lying is bad.
I know I can do it: Sub-30
I might be able to do it: Sub-28
Wouldn't it be nice if the stars aligned: Sub-27
3. Of course, it doesn't really matter how I do. It's more about having a baseline to use for my speedwork and tempo runs as I look ahead to the Martian half-marathon.
4. Oh, and the fact that I'm doing the race with a ton of awesome girls and having lunch with them after the fact. We're going to Chili's, which is not known for being healthy (the Quesadilla Explosion Salad has 1,300 calories) but I have a coupon and I'm a sucker for a coupon.
5. Coupons, and my love of them, are the reason I picked up some Balance bars at Kroger this weekend. They were on sale for 99 cents but them if you bought 10 participating items, the price got knocked down to 49 cents. Pair that with a $1 off coupon when buying three, and I couldn't resist.
6. I had one for breakfast this morning - mocha chip, I think. It tasted OK, and it was easy to grab and slam while I was feeding Miles this morning. What I hate about those bars and any bar like it is that they fail to hold me for very long. It's 8:30, and I have already had my second breakfast.
7. I was able to make breakfast because I actually got Miles to take a nap without going for run (I'll be doing that tonight). It might not seem like such a big deal but I find it nearly impossible to get him to sleep during the day without having him in the car seat/out and about. I hate to say it but I'm actually getting the hang of this mom thing.
8. I really wanted to use this unexpected time to do my hair but I can't find my hair straightener. I have a feeling that Mark put it away because I left it in the living room (where I sometimes do my hair so I can keep Miles company while he plays in the bouncer). So it's my fault ... sort of. It is Mark's fault, though, for not putting it anywhere that makes sense. I have checked every drawer and cabinet in both bathrooms, the laundry baskets and the dishwasher. Nothing.
9. Since I'm bound to look like a hot mess with unkempt hair and perpetual undereye circles, I decided to throw on some makeup and a pair of earrings. I'm sure most people do these sorts of things every day for work but I don't. I could pretend that I'm just so beautiful that I don't need it but it's really that I just don't get around to it/need an upgrade (read: need to spend $$$) in all things beauty related.
10. Or, I could say it's just no use trying to compete for cuteness around here.
Miles is always going to win.
We went shopping this weekend and as we were perusing Penney's, a woman from the portrait studio asked if she could take photos of Miles. The studio had gotten a new prop for taking babies' photos and she wanted to try it out since there were no appointments. In exchange for our time, we'd get a free 10 by 13.
I'm sure you can guess what I said.
I don't think you can have enough photos of a baby. Even if some of them look, well, a little ...
Well, I just don't think there are words. But look how good he's sitting up! And the little man, who is now 7 months old, is on his knees, rocking around. We'll be moving and shaking soon, I'm sure!