Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Make it work

It's Wednesday. Wednesday night to be specific.That might not mean much to you but, for me, it means boot camp.


Or at least it did for the past three weeks.

My pre-holiday 3-week session is over and, to be honest, I'm a bit sad. Don't get me wrong - I'm more than happy to not be doing the following: the crab walk, burpees and mermaid crunches. What I do miss is a guaranteed good (and uninterrupted) workout that I got to do twice a week with a good friend and a good group of ladies. Watching "Jeopardy" with a cup of Splenda-spiked Rocky Road ice cream just isn't the same.

 
And, I tell you what, if this eight-day champion Jason doesn't lose soon, I'm going to jump through the screen and punch him in the throat.

Anyway ... I'm feeling a void where boot camp once was and an itch to fill it.

The center where I took boot camp is going to offer Body Pump in the new year, and I plan to meet L once a week for a class. I could go more often but you pay per class and I'm already feeling the pinch as I eye 2012 races.

So what's a girl to do?

Use her adorably cute son to bribe her mother-in-law.


Confused? Well, Mark and Miles have been going to the MIL's house on Wednesday for food and fun while I was at boot camp. Mark got pasta, MIL got kisses, Miles got to be held to his heart's content and I got to workout. It was truly a win-win situation for all involved.

As Mark and I discussed what's next for me, workout-wise, I realized that this little setup didn't have to end. Mark and Miles could still go to MIL's, and I could still workout during that time. I'll just do it at home, for free, with Jillian or Bob.

Next week, of course. My brilliant mind needs a rest.

How do you make exercise work?

2 comments:

  1. Whats a mermaid crunch? I was in class so surely I should know but I don't . I'm glad your wise mind came up with a winning plan. Great idea. In case you want an extra body pump class in during the week from time to time I'm game. I am going to start with going twice a week to get a base of strength. That is if I don't get fired or quit my job. At this point either are highly likely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats a mermaid crunch? I was in class so surely I should know but I don't . I'm glad your wise mind came up with a winning plan. Great idea. In case you want an extra body pump class in during the week from time to time I'm game. I am going to start with going twice a week to get a base of strength. That is if I don't get fired or quit my job. At this point either are highly likely.

    ReplyDelete