Thursday, July 28, 2011

Threesomes are fun

Tri Indy 2C Bumper Sticker

Guess who signed up for a sprint triathlon?

P1000868 P1000011P1000977 

A) Mark; B) Kim; or C) Miles

P1000797

If you guessed D) Denali, you’d be sort of right – he does train with us after all. But if you guessed B or C, you’d be wrong. I mean, come on, I’m 3 weeks post-partum and while Miles has the strongest lil man legs, he can’t even walk.

So the answer is A) Mark.

And I’m insanely jealous. Well, except for that whole swim part. Swimming is dumb. Anyway, his registration made me antsy to get back out there so I did what any good-natured (read: bored of walks) mom would do.

I signed up for a race of my own.

Fort4Fitness2011_masthead2

I’ve been planning all along to do the 4-mile walk/run event at Fort-4-Fitness this year and I finally made it official. And since I’m doing the shorter distance, someone will get to do his first race.

P1000963

Fist pump!

What races are on your horizon?

9 comments:

  1. Such awesome motivation to sign up for a race.... and I can't get over how adorable your son is!!!

    I have my first half marathon next weekend and I'm super excited and also super nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you and Miles doing the 4 miler!!!! Fist bump right back atcha kid (and momma!). Good luck to Mark - I've heard that is an AWESOME Tri. You should have him check out Lisa's blog Train with Lisa (on my sidebar)- she's a tri coach and is most definitely involved in that trace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, he is a cutie! Way to get your motivation going! I have never done a race (yet!) but I would imagine it is the perfect thing to get you up and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! And I love that you'll get to do it with Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Miles is going to do the race with you! So Very fun :)

    I'm going to NYC next week and I'm doing a 5k across the brooklyn bridge..I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Miles' first race :) Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! That's so exciting for you to get back to racing and with Miles, how fun! Miles is starting his race career early..I love it!

    ReplyDelete