Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Huzzah!

Move that body: 3.15-mile run (1 walk break 0f 0.25 mile)

I may be a whiny son of a gun but let me tell you something, I know when to count my blessings.

1. Last night, I went over to my friend's house for dinner and a Medela tutorial. Her husband cooked up burgers on the grill (90/10 beef - huzzah!) and H baked potatoes. It was total yum, and I was so glad to have somewhere to eat as Mark had a school obligation last night. Anyway, as we were prepping our burgers, H's husband said, "You must not know what to do now that you're not running." H looked at me and looked at him. "Oh, she's still running." Yep. I am. And I surprised the crap out of him. Huzzah!

2. This morning, I went to the 2-mile mark before opting to take my walk break. Huzzah! I feeling pretty good and thought I could be clever, timing my walk break to avoid a hill in my neighborhood. I wasn't successful on the hill part but it was nice to see that I haven't lost it completely. It's amazing the things we do when we remove self-imposed limits.

3. Who said you can't have "ice cream" for breakfast? Not me! Huzzah! This morning, I made Caitlyn's Coffee Banana Soft Serve for a pre-run snack. It was so yummy and decadent - I can't even tell you. You must make it. Now.

The ingredients:
  • 1 banana, frozen
  • 1/2 packet Truvia
  • 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
Throw it all in the food processor and let it go until it comes together.

Do you ever eat "dessert" for breakfast? What's your favorite way to enjoy banana soft serve?

4 comments:

  1. I must buy a food processor... NOW. I need this.

    I'm so proud of you and your running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I saw Caitlin's "ice cream" the other day too and can't wait to buy bananas and give it a try!!! I love eatin decadent (or items that seem decadent) for breakfast!!

    When Im pregnant I want to keep running like you, such an awesome motivation girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - you're the ultimate runner!!! You impressive me more and more every day! Loved your comment about the sexy guy fanning me - I commented about that comment, you'll have to check it out. Also, we have heard that Chicago is the best first timer marathon - so . . . that's the one you're doing, huh!!! Hmmmm, that definitely ups the ante a bit. I'll have to make sure "C" reads your comment and tallies your vote accordingly! SMILE!

    ReplyDelete