I may be a whiny son of a gun but let me tell you something, I know when to count my blessings.
1. Last night, I went over to my friend's house for dinner and a Medela tutorial. Her husband cooked up burgers on the grill (90/10 beef - huzzah!) and H baked potatoes. It was total yum, and I was so glad to have somewhere to eat as Mark had a school obligation last night. Anyway, as we were prepping our burgers, H's husband said, "You must not know what to do now that you're not running." H looked at me and looked at him. "Oh, she's still running." Yep. I am. And I surprised the crap out of him. Huzzah!
2. This morning, I went to the 2-mile mark before opting to take my walk break. Huzzah! I feeling pretty good and thought I could be clever, timing my walk break to avoid a hill in my neighborhood. I wasn't successful on the hill part but it was nice to see that I haven't lost it completely. It's amazing the things we do when we remove self-imposed limits.
3. Who said you can't have "ice cream" for breakfast? Not me! Huzzah! This morning, I made Caitlyn's Coffee Banana Soft Serve for a pre-run snack. It was so yummy and decadent - I can't even tell you. You must make it. Now.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 packet Truvia
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
Do you ever eat "dessert" for breakfast? What's your favorite way to enjoy banana soft serve?