Workout: Ran 3 miles in 28 minutes, 29 seconds; average pace, 9:29.
Last night, after fast-forwarding through much of this week's "Teen Mom," I got out my Flying Pig bag and started to pack for Chicago.
- Adidas shorts (for the race)
- Under Armor tank
- Temp shorts (after the race)
- Nikes (expo walkin')
- Mizunos, to be packed after a.m. run
- PowerBar (race-day breakfast)
- PowerBar Gel Blasts energy chews (eat one at mile 3, another at mile 9)
- Coconut M&Ms
- Optic Nerve sunglasses
- Disposable washcloths (so Mark doesn't kick my stinky butt out on U.S. 30)
- FitFinder bag (for gear check)
- SmartWool socks
- Garmin, to be packed after a.m. run and a good charge
Yeah ... did you catch those?
I found these goodies at CVS when I stopped in for those disposable washcloths and other hygiene items for the trip. OK, I didn't just find them ... I searched for them. I had seen them around, and I figured running 13.1 miles was as good a reason as any to try these bad boys. I'll be putting them in my bag slated to go to gear check so I can munch on 'em while I await to receive No. 496 in my age group at the post-race party.
Have a great weekend, and I will "see" y'all on Monday.
P.S. Check Twitter updates (@redheadrunswild) for race results.