Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ain't that crazy

I was watching TV with Mark last night when I began to run through my Tuesday: A 4-mile run (last week of RnR training); a 9:30 doctor's appointment (just a checkup - no worries); and then off to work. I had a working lunch about the iPad, and I needed to make sure I left the office by 5:45 p.m. to make a 6 p.m. appointment at the car dealership (!!!).

A crazy, crazy day. If I was going to make it through, I was going to have to my best to be ahead of the game.

Step 1: Set delay on coffee maker so that I'd have a fresh cup before my run.

Step 2: Make oats so that I could take my breakfast to work. I put 3/4 cup unsweetened Silk almond milk, 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup steel-cut oats in a pan. While the liquid was working its way to a boil, I added a healthy dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg. I turned down the heat to low after it had reached a boil and let it simmer for 25 minutes or so. I stirred in raisins while it was hot and put it all in a plastic container. (In the morning, before leaving, I added a 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 a packet of Truvia and 1.5 T apple butter. Totally yum!)


Step 3: Make dinner at 9 p.m. ... for the next evening. A 2-pound pork roast went into the slow cooker with 1/2 cup water and some barbecue sauce (which went unmeasured because I finished off the bottle). Cook on low for 9 hours and enjoy. Whenever you wish.

Step 4: Cut some raw veggies and package for a snack, as well as take out a Vitalicious brownie from the freezer. Put all of it in your lunch bag in the fridge.

Step 5: Flop on the couch and realize that it's now time to go to bed. A lot of work but at least you've avoided eating a processed frozen meal, stopping at McDonald's for two Egg McMuffins and taking the cookie out of the boxed lunch at work and shoved it in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment