Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let me hear you scream

Pre-workout breakfast: Oikos Honey Greek yogurt with banana slices and crushed Quaker True Delights Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut bar
Workout: "Personal Training with Jackie: Xtreme Timesaver Training" and 2.2-mile walk with Denali

You wanna know a secret. A big, juicy, delicious secret ...


I eat ice cream every day. Every. Single Day. Kind of weird, right? Yet totally awesome, too.

I knew that when I embarked on this journey that deprivation was not the key. I had done that before and all it got me was four years of playing with 25 pounds. Now, I make calculated indulgences - Vitatops, low-fat pudding, Skinny Cows, Weight Watcher frozen treats and pumpkin fluff.

Oh, and a delicious concoction of Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice cream, graham cracker crumbs, caramel and whipped cream.


Yeah, that happened to me last night. I heard an ad for Cold Stone Creamery on Pandora, which led me to check out their website ... which led me to dream of it as I sweltered in the office ... which led me to e-mail my mother-in-law to see if they wanted to meet Mark and me for an ice cream-Barnes and Noble date.

She said yes. Cold Stone was on. Yay!

Now, I will say that I could have gotten sinless sweat cream ice cream with berries and blah, blah, blah BUT sometimes you just gotta have what you want and like it.

And I did.

What's your favorite indulgence?

Mine is definitely ice cream, especially this time of year - pumpkin, peppermint, egg nog ... yeah. Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. oooooohhhh - that looks good!!! I want ice cream tonight now! I think I have a DQ coupon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ice cream every night too!!!! I love it! I haven't been to Cold Stone in FOREVER though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice cream is definitely my indulgence too! I have been buying the Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs single serve but this pumpkin cheesecake ice cream at Coldstone has also intrigued me... I may have to stop in and indulge this weekend!

    ReplyDelete