Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bite this

Pre-workout breakfast: Gingerbread oatmeal
Workout: 2.2-mile walk with Denali

Mark is such a sissy. It might be a bit mean but he is. I swear.

I was watching him eat ice cream last night - the best vanilla ever (Kroger premium brand) with Smuckers blueberry syrup - and the man takes the daintiest bites on the planet. While he uses which ever spoon he grabs from the drawer, his bites could easily fit on the spoon of someone who still enjoys the game "Airplane" during meal times. To make it even worse, it takes him two bites to finish the spoonful.

Such a sissy.

As I watched him eat this, I realized something. I was finished my treat and plotting an adventure in the kitchen and he was still eating. Still eating because he was taking sissy bites. Maybe I needed to be a sissy.

So I tried it out this morning with my gingerbread oatmeal concoction that, by the way, is not worth sharing with the public. I scooped tiny amounts of oats on my spoon and ate them slowly. I was careful not to eat too much at one time. And, I think, it took me a decent amount of time to eat the bowl - I was able to see the last weigh-in, voting and follow-up of "The Biggest Loser." (I'm too much of a sissy to stay up till 10 p.m. to watch the whole thing.)

I did feel like I enjoyed my breakfast but I am not sure it helped me feel fuller. I ate about 6:15 a.m. and was ready for a grapefruit at 9 a.m. before taking Denali to the kennel. Denali was ready for the grapefruit, too, and the kennel. I swear that dog has no loyalty.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the dainty bites should only be used for something like ice cream... it makes something small last longer.

    Eat your oatmeal normally and practice the dainty bites with the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw "gingerbread oatmeal" I was going to ask about it! Too bad you aren't more fond of it. I LOVE GINGERBREAD!!

    ReplyDelete