Thursday, October 14, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Pre-workout fuel: Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin with peanut butter and half of a banana
Workout: Ran 4.28 miles in 37 minutes, 37 seconds; average pace, 8:47. The run was followed by 40 minutes of "The Biggest Loser: Power Sculpt."

1. I could not sleep last night. At all. My mind was just non-stop about things of little importance - seriously, I think I spent two hours planning outfits for our upcoming mini vacation. I usually try to turn things off by counting but every time I tried, my mind flashed to "The Exorcism of Emily Rose."



Needless to say, I was too scared to close my eyes much less sleep. I eventually got up at 5:15 a.m. and was out for my run by 6 - about an hour earlier than normal.

2. I know I talked about running in the dark in my last post but this was the first time it was DARK for my entire run. It was a bit unsettling at times. Not because I was scared I was going to be attacked but because it was just eerie. The river, black. Trees, rustling. Denali even seemed to sense something different, as he was way more spaz/ADD than normal. I would like to think that he was on the lookout for any potential danger as a protector. Knowing him, he was probably trying to find a squirrel he heard.

3. I came back from my run to find "The Biggest Loser: Power Sculpt" awaiting me. We leave for Louisville tomorrow morning, and I was worried about getting a run in - much less the typical Friday double workout. Hence, the strength training today. I didn't want to do "Boot Camp" two days in a row, though, and I was lucky enough to find this workout at the library. It's a bit similar to "Boot Camp," with three levels and the use of upper body and lower body moves. However, "Power Sculpt" doesn't have the burst of cardio, I didn't sweat nearly as much and I didn't feel nearly as fatigued as I do with "Boot Camp." Nevertheless, it might be a good alternative if I get tired of listening to Bob's lame "BC" jokes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of sunshine! Glad you found motivation to just go ahead and get up for your run. Have fun on your mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that is totally me, laying in bed thinking about really "important" stuff like... hey i should email my mom. and check why christina aguilera's getting divorced, what should i wear tomorrow? like i said, important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included the clip of Exorcism of Emily Rose. Jennifer Carpenter, the chick that plays Emily is on Dexter and so that clip cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete