Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twix-y situation

You know you have one - an item in your pantry that you want to eat ... but you don't. You have to avert your eyes every time you open the cabinet as to avoid temptation.

For me, it's been a mini Twix bar that I picked up at the Flying Pig expo, oh, back in May. I think about eating it. A lot. I haven't, though, because those tiny guys pack a caloric punch. There's about 50 calories in a piece of candy that's two bites (if you're taking it slow).


Today, though, I couldn't take it any more. I had to move it to the counter when I was searching for the basmati rice. It had to be moved again when I was cleaning up dinners. And once again when I was doing dishes. This little Twix was the bane of my existence today.

So I ate it.


And you know what - it didn't even taste that good. The cookie part was stale, and I ended up throwing half of it out. I probably should have just thrown it out if I haven't found reason to eat it in the past three months. Or, I should have eaten it three months ago. Same difference.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. You make me feel so guilty. Last week alone I had not one -- but three -- full size Twix bars from the vending machine.

    ReplyDelete