- I loved running a Rock 'n' Roll race. Why? First of all, the expo. I liked that the bibs and shirts were at the beginning of the hall and there was little to no wait to pick up items. (At the Flying Pig, we had to wind ourselves through a schload of vendors just to get our shirts, poster and bag). I loved that there were a ton of Honey Pots at the race start/finish.
- What I didn't love was the lack of toilet paper in those honey pots. It makes a girl resort to things she won't dare to tell her husband much less mention on this blog.
- While I'm complaining, I also thought the swag and expo were on the light side. I got a ton of stuff at the Pig and there were tons of vendors. Not so much in Chicago.
- However, I loved the wave start and the commentators keeping everyone entertained while we waited to cross the mat.
- I loved that I got to stand next to a celebrity.
- I loved that I totally beat her, time-wise. Same goes for Jake the Bachelor, Kelly Bensimon (or whatever her name is) and Al Roker.
- If Al Roker had beat me, I might have cried.
- I wonder if Al Roker took a Gu. I did. Two actually. Both Blackberry or whatever Gu calls it. I also grabbed a Blueberry Roctane when they were passing them out but I left it in the honey bucket at Mile 11.
- I wonder if anyone took it home.
- McDonald's french fries are the best post-race food. Ever.
- I ate entirely too much junk on this trip. Ice cream ... TWICE ... on Saturday. Coconut M&M's, more ice cream, half a Big Mac on Sunday. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. I will say that the Coconut M&M's and our second ice cream stop were worth it. If you are ever in Wheaton, go to Tate's and try the Graham Cracker and Banana varieties. Just sayin'.
- I am fairly certain I am going to have another black toe nail - second toe on the left foot. Crazy hurt after the race and even yesterday. Discounted pedicure in my future? I hope.
- I just got up to find where I put my coffee. It was on the bathroom counter ... most logical place.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Rock 'n' Roll Chicago: Bulletproof
Another Rock 'n' Roll post, I know. It's gotta be seriously annoying but I have more to say and I might as well say it.