Monday, August 9, 2010

Having a ball

Upon coming home from work, I was super excited to find that my new stability ball had arrived in the mail.


I had ordered the burst-resistant ball from CSN after winning a $40 gift "card" over at Rust Belt Runner. I have been wanting one for a while and never got around to buying one. Free money seemed like the perfect time to get one.

I quickly opened the box and got to work pumping up the ball. It seemed like it took forever but just 10 minutes or so. The instructions said to blow up the ball to 80 percent, let it sit for 24 hours and then inflate the ball to full capacity.


For once, I followed instructions and let it sit on the floor, looking sad and lonely. I know it wanted me to do some crunches and other cool moves that are on an included poster. But no stability work for me. Instructions said.


So instead, I opted to finally try kale "chips" and get to work on "Eat Pray Love." I am in total infatuation with the book. Kale chips ... uh ... yeah. I enjoy the way the seem to shatter between your teeth like glass on pavement but the parts that didn't get crispy weren't as good. Plus, I sprinkled on a lot of salt - good or bad, I guess, depending on how you like your food.

In case you care: I made the kale chips by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. While that was getting hot, I cut the kale off the stem, washed it and dried. I put the kale in an even layer on a pizza pan (because it was the easiest one to grab). I sprayed it with butter-flavored cooking spray (because it was the easiest to grab) and sprinkled it with salt and pepper. I baked it until the edges were crispy. I don't know how long - I wasn't paying attention. Most recipes say 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I love that book and can not wait for the movie to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found something you liked!

    ReplyDelete