Monday, July 19, 2010

Can it

Pre-workout fuel: Slice of whole-wheat toast with apple butter and cinnamon roast coffee
Workout: 20 minutes yoga with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (OnDemand) and 2.2-mile walk with Denali

I learned my lesson last week. An easy day should be an easy day - not 30 minutes of yoga, a 2+ mile walk and 30 minutes with Jillian Michaels. So I skipped Jillian, ate some Nutrigrain waffles with toasted nuts and enjoyed my coffee.

All the while, I laughed heartily at a portion of stage 14 of the Tour de France I recorded. You see, one of the cyclists was drinking a Coke. He was straight up climbing the Pyrenees with a can of Coke in his hand.

"I'd totally run a marathon if I could drink Diet Coke the whole way," I told my husband after calling him immediately when I saw it for the first time yesterday.

OK, maybe that's a lie but I can tell you that on Aug. 1, at mile 9 of the RnR Chicago, I'll be wanting a Diet Coke. And I'm sure if I got my way, everyone would straight up stare at me if I cruised along the lake with a can in my hand. Sort of the way I stared at that cyclist.



Side note: Some Tour de France teams REQUIRE the cyclists to drink Coke. Two cans, to be exact. Lucky dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment