Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Order's up

What a day. What. A. Day.

I seriously went non-stop from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. between working out and working.

I started the day off with egg whites on a Pepperidge Farms deli flat and a side of sliced tomatoes. And coffee ... of course. One day sans my favorite beverage was enough.

Check out the reading material I picked up form the library! Books filled with vegetarian and clean-eating recipes that I hope to try out in the coming weeks.

An apple and a 100-calorie pack of almonds were also consumed this morning. I work up such an appetite when I swim.

Nothing satisfied that appetite more than my delicious lunch. My friend and I had a lunch date to meet at our favorite downtown deli. They have a large selection of hot and cold sandwiches, cold salads, a salad bar and soups du jour. Everything is so good there that it's hard to choose. I couldn't help but go with a new favorite - turkey with brie, caramelized onions and Dijon mustard. Usually the sandwiches are served on a sub bun, which is grilled, but I opted for whole wheat bread. A cup of tomato soup was also ordered.

I ate all of the sandwich (it was too good) and about two-thirds of the soup. Before I knew it, I had to head back to work and my mile-long to-do list. I barely had time to eat my snack of grapes and cheese bites (those so-so Kraft ones).

All that work had me ravenous by the time I got home. I needed something quick. And easy. I opted for a whole-wheat pita pizza. I topped it with a couple tablespoons of pizza sauce, tomatoes, red onions, red bell pepper and some random turkey pepperoni I had in the fridge. There was cheese, too. Can't have pizza without cheese!

See the yummy goodness bake!

I added a side of broccoli to make sure I actually ate some vegetables today and got in some extra water.

Happy Wednesday! Just two more days left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment