Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Missing my stride

"These shoes pinch my feet, but I love them." - Carrie Bradshaw

It's been that kind of day - the wrong shoes, not enough food/snacks in the work bag, a peeling manicure and an SD card that is never with me.

I "recovered" from my run with some more steel-cut oats as I had made four-servings worth Sunday night/Monday morning. I warmed up on the stove with a splash of Almond Breeze and Truvia. Once they were warm, I added a teaspoon or two of PB and some dried currants. Why do I have currants and not raisins? Not so sure.

Mental note: Add raisins to the grocery list.

Yesterday I found the oats to be uber filling. Today? Not so much. I made myself a strawberry-banana smoothie (frozen fruit and Almond Breeze) and grabbed a 100-calorie pack of almonds. They held me just through the 11 a.m. meeting after which I was already thinking about lunch. I had packed a veggie pita with roasted red pepper hummus and Amy's Black Bean Vegetable soup.

I found the soup on an end cap at Target where it was marked down considerably. I thought it would be like other black bean soups - hearty, with lots of whole beans. You know, like my fave Panera item. Instead it was more brothy than hearty with bits of carrot and corn. It had potatoes, too. And I hate potatoes in soup. Strange but just a fact of life.

Anyway, as you can assume, I ate lunch too early ... raided the afternoon snacks too early ... found myself at the vending machine ... drooling at the Heath bars. I opted for microwave popcorn and a Nutri-Grain bar (hello, high fructose corn syrup. Nice to see you again).

I definitely need to stock up on yummy and healthy snacks for an emergency hunger drawer at work. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment