Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Buffet concert

For lunch I had this ...
And this ...
And this ...
Oh, and this too ...
For lunch today, Mark picked me up from work and took me to the Taj so we could get our Indian buffet on. I can't lie - I was a bit nervous. I've never been to an Indian buffet, and I wasn't sure what would be on it or how well it would work out for me nutritionally. I did do some Internet research, and I knew to look for the words:
  • Dal
  • Biryani/pilaf
  • Roti
  • Bulgar
  • Tandoori

I saw the tandoori chicken immediately and put a small piece on my plate. They had Dal, as well, and I dished up a small bowl. As for the rest, no such luck. I opted to enjoy small portions of things I had never tried: Chicken Curry, Saag Paneer and Rajma. Somehow a bit of rice and a couple slices of naan appeared on my plate, as well. Silly, naan, this plate is healthy.

The Saag Paneer with its cheese was the worst of the bunch but it was also the tastiest. Me + Spinach = Lovely pair. I also enjoyed the Rajma, a kidney bean dish, as it had more of a kick than the mild buffet offerings.

I left feeling satisfied, not deprived, and went back to work to enjoy a lovely marathon of safety videos.

How do you stay healthy at the buffet?

No comments:

Post a Comment