Monday, November 22, 2010

Paddle down …

The stream of consciousness.

Pre-workout fuel: Whole-wheat toast with apple butter

Workout: Jackie Warner OnDemand selection and 2.2-mile walk with Denali.

I was super tired last night. I wanted to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. but I woman’ed up and made it to 9 p.m.

When my head hit the pillow, my mind went from slumber to party. I didn’t get the sleep I wanted. I woke up tired.

Too tired to do Jackie Warner’s kick-your-ass “Xtreme Timesaver” DVD. I thought I’d do her circuit thing on OnDemand because you don’t do legs and arms at the same time.

Thirty minutes in, the cable went out. I missed the lower abs section. I think. I didn’t cry. I wasn’t all that sad. Happy actually.

I did try to make up for it by doing a minute each of bicep curls, overhead extensions and lateral raises. I hate the raises. My shoulders are weak.

I took a shower and got ready to take the dog for a walk. I put on leggings and Mark’s middle-school cross country sweat shirt. It was hot. Not in a honk at me sort of way but in a “Holy cow, it’s 60 degrees at 7:30 a.m. in November in the Midwest” sort of way.

Of course, it was a wet 60 degrees. More puddles than rain, giving Denali the idea that it was a buffet of wonders between the puddles and fallen acorns.

I’m thirsty but any beverage I think to have makes my stomach turn. Even coffee.

I think there’s a bug going around.

I hate bugs. Especially mayflies. Mayflies carpeted my former city of residence and home of America’s Roller Coast, Sandusky, Ohio.

I was able to see the rides from my house.

I never rode them.

I was too fat.

I wonder if I would ride them now.

Age has made me scared to do things like that.

I wonder if that’s why I picked up running. So I could get the hell away.

No comments:

Post a Comment