Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why?

Saturday workout: Ran 4.27 miles; average pace, 8:38.
Sunday workout: Ran 3.13 miles; average pace, 8:25.

Why do I rent movies like "The Last Song" with a shred of hope that they might actually be decent? That's two hours of Miley Cyrus-induced pain that I can't get back.

Why do I want to go see "Harry Potter" again?

Why did I ever fear running three days in a row? Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Boom, boom, boom. Felt good.

Why was I in this mindset that more miles equals better runner? Two shorter runs this weekend felt better ... for me. Quality not quantity.

Why don't I bake more often? Three batches of quick bread - Chocolate Gingerbread, Cranberry Orange and Boston Brown Bread - are in the freezer for Grandma. I feel accomplished, the house smells good and I actually wasn't bored on a Sunday. (Mark's either grading papers or watching the Colts.)

Why does Christmas smell so good? Let's forget about Thanksgiving and skip ahead to cinnamon-scented pine cones, Christmas cookie-scented candles and peppermint milkshakes from Steak 'n' Shake.

Why is it that sometimes a grilled cheese and tomato soup is the best dinner ever? Pot of Smoky Tomato Soup on the stove and a grilled cheese soon to go on the griddle.

Why ask why?

No comments:

Post a Comment