Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday love

Pre-workout breakfast: Mish-mash of cereal with skim milk and a banana
Workout: Ran 3.62 miles (average pace, 8:33) and 30 minutes of yoga

This morning, I got out of bed, stretched and prepared to hobble to the bathroom. Much to my surprise, I really didn't have to hobble. My legs were nearly pain-free - the first time in a week! It was so glorious to walk around the house, pouring my bowl of cereal (my newest obsession) and making my cup of coffee without creaking and crying.

Of course, the day's workout plan - run and Jackie Warner - threatened to make that glory just a thing of the past. So I made a decision. A good decision. I decided to take it easy. I did a short run and stretched out my legs with yoga.

Oh, rest. I love you. Almost as much as Friday.


Food. I have something wonderful going on. Very, very wonderful going on. Too bad I'm not going to give it away just yet ;)


Fitness. I complained about my blister. I've complained about sore legs. However, I have to say that things could have been a lot worse after the W.O.O.F. Who do I have to thank? The folks at Recovery Socks. I bought the pair at the RnR Chicago expo and since then, the pair have been a post-long run recovery miracle. I rarely gimp around after big runs and only complain that my "butt" hurts. (It's really the very top of my hamstring where my thigh meets my booty.) If you don't have these - or other compression socks - you need them.


Life. You might hate me when I tell you this. Really, you might. I don't do laundry - at least not often. I also do about a third of the dishes and touch the vacuum once every other month. Why? Because I don't have to. Mark picks up a huge amount of my slack around the house as long as I provide him with tasty, tasty meals. This morning, for instance, he unloaded the dishwasher and started a load of laundry. He did ask me to put the wash in the dryer but it's a small price to pay for such a lovely husband.

To thank him, I'm going to drag myself (ha!) to "Due Date" this weekend and possibly the Indian buffet. Whose doing something fun?

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about the "wonderful" you have going on! I just bought some compression sleeves a few weeks ago, but my non-running these days haven't allowed me to really try them out on recovery. LOL

    ReplyDelete