Monday, August 16, 2010

Surf's up, dudettes

Pre-workout fuel: Water before yoga and breakfast of vegan banana muffin and Stonyfield Mango Honey yogurt before walk with dog.
Workout: 20 minutes yoga, 2.2-mile walk with dog, 20 minutes upper body and 10 minutes abs (on the ball).

I don't know about you but I love, love, love to workout in my bikini.


I found this little gem on OnDemand. Surf Girls: Malibu! Right on! I've always wanted to be a surfer girl ever since seeing that reality show on MTV, oh, like 7 years ago. Seeing as I live in Indiana and the closest I get to surfing is giving Denali a bath, I figured I should grab my board shorts and go for a ride. Or do Quick Shred Arms, which was 5 minutes of toning to get me bodacious for bikini season! Totally gnarly!

OK. That's enough of that. The workout was lame. The Exercise TV version had you doing biceps triceps and just a touch of shoulders. There was also a "coffee curl" - my favorite ... of course. It worked the area between the biceps and triceps or so the "instructor" said. She seemed a bit confused, as any good stereotyped surfer girl would. Her companion seemed a bit more off, just throwing up the weights with no purpose - easy to do when you're curling 2s.

Needless to say, I finished up my upper body session with Cindy Whitmarsh and will be sticking with her and her "Tank Top Arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment