Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Something in the air

Pre-workout fuel: Banana with Peanut Butter & Company Dark Chocolate Dreams and half-cup of half-caff coffee.
Workout: Ran 4.26 miles in 38 minutes, 54 seconds; average pace, 9:08.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you for finding a way for the humidity to stop choking me the instant I walk out the door.

Thank you for lowering the mercury to a mere 60 degrees at 7 a.m. and protecting my eyes from the burn of salty sweat.

Thank you for the (dare I say) crisp breeze that cooled me off ... even as the sun hung bright in the sky.

Thank you for the reminder that it can be enjoyable to run for run's sake and not just to adhere to a training schedule.

Thank you for helping me to bask in the goodness of this run and forget about the wretched cramp I got because I ate too much right before the run. (Reminder to self: Don't eat the entire banana just because you want to eat more peanut butter.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

P.S. Sweet baby Jesus, Denali would like to thank you, too. He was not once called "Pokemon" for falling behind because it was too hot. He would also like to add that he ran real fast, sometimes too fast (or so Momma said).

1 comment: