Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Day in Food

You know what's super fun? Running. You want to know what's not fun? Not running ... and re-learning how to eat because you can't. Especially when you're 33 weeks pregnant and have a little pressure from the midwife to rein in the weight gain. Sprinkle in an effort to cut back on sugar to reduce to inflammation and ease the pain in the but, and it's quite the experience.

So I thought I'd document it.

Now let it be said that I don't find it hard to eat like this and know I should eat better but it takes extra focus and willpower, especially when life and work throw curveballs that demand donut holes from the Amish bakery.

But I did it. And here's my day.

 photo breakfast eats_zps73i0jqya.jpg
Breakfast: Multigrain English muffin with bacon, egg and cheese, tart cherry juice on the side
Morning snack: 1/2 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup dry oats, 1/2 banana, 1 teaspoon honey and cinnamon

 photo 20150224_123353_zpsz00jqndo.jpg
Lunch: Bowls with my BRF at Flat Top Grill. Gah! So many favorites. I had rice noodles with tons of vegetables, squid and two pieces of roti. Lots of catching up on the side.

 photo snacks_zpsf2ptisyd.jpg
Afternoon snacks: Sliced cucumbers with ranch and lightly slated peanuts

 photo 20150224_183152_zpsvn2luu6s.jpg
Dinner: Turkey burger with sauteed asparagus. Note that I made the best decision ever with the burger by stuffing it with garden dill cream cheese

 photo 20150224_202937_zpsmmihmmj0.jpg
Evening snack: Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thin with whipped cream cheese with a splash of the husband and "Property Brothers."

What's your favorite meal of late?

3 comments:

  1. 7 WEEKS LEFT!!!! Man that time has flown by. Are you looking forward to maternity leave? So excited for you. My eats have gone to shit the past two weeks. The scale reflects this. It's like all my mental focus has gone into marathon training and I have none left over for nutrition. I haven't been super bad or anything. No fast food has gone in my mouth that I can think of. But I've been craving sweets something terrible. Starting Monday I'm pulling my shit together though. Time to get rid of this last bit of weight once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course my favorite meal as of late was with YOU! MMMmmmm... roti bread .... And talking to you was a nice bonus ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved what i made last night - it's kale and chick peas with fun spices/garlic/olive oil and a splash of balsamic. love it every time.

    so - my PT friend said that if you google "piriformis stretch pregnancy" the first three images should be spot on. she also said sitting on a tennis ball and rolling a few minutes can help but won't feel great - so just to tolerance. i really hope this goes away for you after the baby is born - or at the very least that the pain lessens.

    ReplyDelete