Thursday, August 22, 2013

Three Things Thursday: My legs

For three months, I lived in relative oblivion.

I knew how far I'd be running and had done the math about the time between the miles. I had a few recaps of the legs for runner No. 7 (thanks, Jess!) and knew I had some hills. I just didn't know how many.

I'm still deciding if that's good or bad.

1. My first leg, leg No.7 (obvs) is rated hard and is 6.32 miles through the Sandy area. It features rolling hills  on paved shoulder and farm/country roads.



The gods of Mount Hood predict I'll start at approximately 6:04.52 and finish in 56:24, an average pace of 8:55.

2. My second leg, No. 19, is the no joke, bitch cakes leg. Rated very hard, I'll run 5.89 miles of challenging uphills and downhills on paved back country roads.
 

I will be running in the dark, about 4 a.m. - much more my speed - and have an estimated finishing time of 54:29. I guess I'll slow up a bit tackling that situation.

3. Leg 3. The fun one. It's 4 moderately difficult miles of gradual hills on narrow paved back country road.
And one bitch of a hill at the end.



Even more special might be the estimated finishing time 34:02 - an 8:30 pace and a predicted PR for the distance.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit (or a lot) intimidated. I figure I got the endurance in the bag but the speediness over the course of the race is a bit alarming, despite what I alluded to in my marathon post earlier in the week.

But I'm going to give it my all. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Looks tough, but if anyone can do this it is you. Good luck and have fun! Enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to kill it! HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted this, I was scouring old emails trying to remember you legs. You will do awesome!!! and be sure to be in the moment and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A large number of gala events are organized by Face Forward Agency to collect the funds from people for the welfare of society.


    Deborah Alessi

    Deborah Alessi

    Deborah Alessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to rock this thing!! I cannot wait to read all about it. So far I am loving all the pics. Have a fabulous time and can I just say.... I wish I was there too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give HTC hell, lady!!! You are going to rock it! Can't wait to read all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete