Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I was foiled!

Pre-workout eats: Instant Apple Chai Oats
Workout: Jackie Warner OnDemand selection

I thought I was being so clever. Knowing that snowmaggedon was upon us, I took the chance to sign up for a free 7-day pass to Anytime Fitness so I could steal their treadmills try out the gym. This week, of all weeks, was the one to pick.


Hello, low of 1 degree on Thursday! I could totally fall in love with the treadmill on that day.

Well, I could. You see, the director called me after I signed up online to give me the 411 and it was this: Even though the gym is open all day, every day, temporary members can only come when it's staffed. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Anyone, anyone want to guess my work hours? Yep, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. So much for "trying out" the treadmills.

So this morning, with our "2 inches" of snow (it was more like 3), I decided to stay in with Jackie Warner. I squatted, lunged, dipped, pumped some iron. It felt good.

And then I shoveled snow for, like, forever. Even with Mark's help (schools closed), it took us 30 minutes to clear our part of the drive. (Our upstairs neighbor can do her side, for reals.) It didn't feel good. At least I burned a good 200 calories - the equivalent of a 2-mile run.

More snow is expected today but I forget what the meteorologist said. Too many numbers make my head hurt.

Are you snowed in? What's your favorite thing to do in the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment