Friday, October 15, 2010

Some more Friday love

Pre-workout fuel: Cinnabon Cream of Wheat
Workout: Ran 4.39 miles in 38 minutes, 46 seconds; average pace, 8:49.

A night with somewhat improved sleep, a weekday run with my husband, an imminent trip to Starbucks. What a Friday - and it's not even 7:30 a.m.! Come on, let's show Friday some love.

Food: Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Mint roast coffee. A good bag of coffee was part of Mark's consolation gift for breaking my coffee pot. I had planned on getting a decaf roast from my fave coffee shop but I couldn't resist this little guy, sittin' on the shelf at Target. It smells AMAZING while it's brewing, and the flavor has just a hint of mint. It's not something I'd drink all day, every day for the rest of my life but it's a nice little treat.

Fitness: I am half-way into my October challenge, which includes running 83 miles and incorporating strength training three times a week. I'm well on my way to hitting my mileage - nearly 50 miles so far. And the strength training? It's fantastic. I definitely feel myself getting stronger. I did chaturanga push-ups yesterday, during "Power Sculpt," and I didn't struggle that much when holding myself an inch off the ground. I can also hold this scoop move in "Boot Camp" without dropping the weights for a break.

Fun: My Snow Patrol station on Pandora. Snow Patrol, The Fray, a little Keane - you can't go wrong with that in my book. Of course, I wish I could take them along for the drive to Louisville. I know "where there's a will, there's a way" but I spent too much time packing to worry about that. I'll take "Wicked" (the audiobook) instead.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Any great plans?

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the 83 mile challenge too! Love that you are incorporating strength training into that goal. I think I'll join you, but I do hate push ups...

    ReplyDelete